Further interviews were conducted with operators and end users, which revealed the following insights: For operators:
- I want to get a working competitive device that will meet the needs of subscribers and will be suitable for the price for purchasing set-top boxes from the vendors of the batch I need;Catalysts
- the emergence on the market of an Android TV device that will have a user-friendly interface and an affordable price; Restrictions
— device price A set of solutions
- purchase an Android TV set-top box for your users and integrate current software into
it or develop your own application that can be integrated into third-party set-top boxes For users: Desires
– I want to get a device that will allow me to watch any movies and programs, download applications, play games, view content that would work without interruptions and interference; Catalysts
- the emergence of new, interesting streaming or VOD services; Restrictions
— device price, subscription price A set of solutions
- purchase an Android TV set-top box, watch services on your phone, tablet, Smart TV
After receiving the insights, a study was conducted of the equipment of the various devices in order
to understand which equipment would be on the one hand the most consistent with market trends,
and on the other hand to satisfy those insights that were received during the interview.
To do this, the characteristics of 100 retail and 200 operator Android TV devices released from 2014 to 2021 were studied. The chipset is the most important component that determines the performance of the STB.
If we compare the finished product of sublimation and digital printing, then there is no fundamental difference for the consumer. This is also confirmed by the findings after the interview (to be further).